Looking to use LinkedIn video to grow your business?
Good – you should be! 😊
When it comes to video, I’ll admit LinkedIn has been a late bloomer BUT better late than never!
Since launching video in 2017, LinkedIn engagement has gone bananas. On average video get 300% more engagement than text posts on LinkedIn. And are 500% more likely to start a conversation with other LinkedIn members.
You may have heard about Live video coming to LinkedIn, well, the rumors are true.
LinkedIn have launched live video on the mobile app.
Much the same as on Facebook and Instagram, you can broadcast videos to select-groups or all your followers. Viewers can ‘like’ the video stream and even ask questions to the host in the comments.
Director of Product Management at LinkedIn Pete Davies says that LIVE has, by far, been the most requested feature by members.
I’ll be hosting #ASKNAT live so my audience can engage in real-time. I’m confident this will add more value to the series and bring up some awesome topics for conversation.
I also hosted our first #LinkedInHeroes live recently in Melbourne (see clip below). I’m looking forward to broadcasting these live on LinkedIn in the near future.
Live video is already more desirable than blog content.
In fact, Livestream just conducted a study on live video and found that 80% of users would rather watch live video from a brand than read their content marketing posts:
People want to see your company produce live content more than they want to read your posts. 81% of people watched more LIVE video in 2016 than 2015.
67% of those who watch a live stream make a purchase. That is a huge conversion rate when compared to bringing in inbound traffic with a blog post.
On top of that, people will spend 3x longer viewing video that is live.
Here’s some ways that you could use LinkedIn Live:
- Live events and conferences
- Show behind-the-scenes content
- Product demos and news
- Live Q&A sessions with audience
- Press conferences and announcements
- Live real-time interviews
I know what you’re thinking, creating videos is all well and good but how does it translate into revenue for my business?
You need to have a measurable ROI or you shouldn’t be doing anything on LinkedIn.
Before posting LinkedIn video make sure you….
- Optimise your LinkedIn profile to rank #1 in the search results, stand-out from the crowd and convert profile visits to opportunities
- Establish over 500+ relevant connections and have a system for growing your network consistently with your target audience – not just anybody and everybody!
- Develop a system to engage key decision makers in offline conversation… To grow your sales revenue, or achieve whatever business objectives you may have.
- Got crystal clear on your value proposition, content pillars and your conversion goals – I can’t stress this enough, make sure you have a clear call-to-action!
Remember everything you do on social media must have a measurable return on investment – if it doesn’t STOP and strategise first!
To access our profile optimisation checklist, prospecting kit and company page best practices download your free LinkedIn Starter Pack.
I’m personally excited about this feature and am confident it will improve the ROI of our content marketing.
LinkedIn Live is currently in beta and is available in an invite-only basis, this means a user needs to get an invite before he or she can use this feature.
LinkedIn will announce how members can register for the Live feature in the coming weeks.
Live video is the future of online marketing.
It’s time to get prepared.
What do you think of the live feature?
Will you be using it?
Let me know in the comments below!
#linkedinlive #linkedinvideo #linkedin #news