LinkedIn Launch Video Ads
Bring Your Campaigns to Life with Video
Native video ads represent the next evolution of LinkedIn Sponsored Content that lets you engage with business decision-makers throughout the buyer’s journey on Linkedin.
Unlike pre-roll video ads, video for Sponsored Content lives directly in the news feed as a standalone post.
LinkedIn members spend almost 3x more time watching video ads compared to time spent with static Sponsored Content.
“Video content is crucial for our brand, and these changes allow LinkedIn’s professional community to more easily derive value from the content we are producing. While our videos can be long – up to 3 minutes – we are seeing deep engagement at a great value.”
Kaydee Bridges, Vice President, Digital & Social Media Strategy at Goldman Sachs.
Marketers understand that everything hinges on delivering greater ROI.
With video for Sponsored Content, you can measure your campaign’s success through insights and detailed breakdowns about the types of professionals watching, engaging with, and even converting on your video ads.
It’s exciting stuff, but the fundamentals still apply…
Plan video content based on your objective
Content is at the heart of a successful video ad campaign– keep it concise, visually compelling, and focus on the storytelling to drive your point home.
Identify your objective before creating content, so that your video aligns with the type of success you want to drive. Here are key content types for each objective.
For brand awareness and brand consideration:
• Position yourself as a thought leader
• Tell your brand story
• Share stories of customer success
For demand generation:
• Show a quick demo of your product
• Give a sneak peek of your webinar
• Preview your event
Follow best practices for creating videos
• Show what you want your audience to see in the first 10 seconds of the video.
• Viewer attention drops after that point.
• Capture and maintain your audience’s attention with visual storytelling.
• Deliver your message with graphics, people, and text that extend viewer attention span.
• Think like a silent film director: a large portion of LinkedIn members will watch your ad with the sound off.
• Consider burning in video subtitles.
• Refer to LinkedIn video ad specs while planning to make sure that your content is formatted properly.
Optimize your video length based on your objective:
• Keep videos under 30 seconds for brand awareness and brand consideration goals. A study by LinkedIn* found that videos under 30 seconds reported a 200% lift in view completion rates.
• Test longer videos for demand generation. The same study found that longer form content drove as many clicks and views as shorter videos because they help tell a more complex product or brand story.
Create your video ad campaign
Log in to Campaign Manager, the advertising platform on LinkedIn, to create your campaign.
1. Select Sponsored Content
2. Select your main objective: get website visits, collect leads, or get video views
3. Video ads will be available for all three objectives
Once you begin creating your campaign, you can:
• Sponsor videos you’ve already uploaded to your Company Page
• Upload videos you already have—from your website, blog, or other social channels
For the objective-based B2B marketer, video provides a clear avenue for campaigns that deliver. Whether the goal is brand awareness, thought leadership, lead generation, or anything else, this engaging content yields results.
For more information go to http://linkedin.com/videoads